Friday, June 5, 2015

BNG FRIDAY: Illustrations from the authors!



Every Friday until its publication, I'm going to blog something about Brave New Girls: Tales of Girls and Gadgets, a YA sci-fi anthology featuring tech-savvy heroines. The goal is to encourage more girls to enter Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math professions. All revenues from sales of the anthology will be donated to a scholarship fund through the Society of Women Engineers.


Another batch of illustrations! Three of our multi-talented authors illustrated their own stories, which is really cool because, well, who knows a story better than the author? Here they are:



I love how epic Jason's illustration for his superhero-style story is

Tash's story and illustration are both full of explosive action, and it's awesome


Josh's Robot Repair Girl shows a lovely connection between the character and the robot she helps in the story
Oh, and, erm... there's one more author who illustrated her own story... yours truly. Bear with me... I'm a bit shy about it because I'm standing next to such talented artists... I ain't a real artist or anything, but I thought it would be fun... Erm... well, here you go...  *runs and hides*


Jane Colt in cyberspace



BRAVE NEW GIRLS will be released on June 15! Sign up here to receive a notification when it's available to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment